Renovation Builders Brisbane? Think Expand Renovate!
Finding the best renovation builders in Brisbane can be a mammoth task, or it can be simple. To make the most of your renovation, you want a renovation builders Brisbane who are innovative and creative when it comes to remodelling. We have put together some dot points of things to consider and ask when choosing a renovation company.
- Always ask for references from previous jobs and contact those people, even ask if you can see the renovation.
- During the initial stages of planning, stay away from and fast-talking high-pressure contractors. Go with your gut feeling and someone you feel like you can trust with everything you own.
- Have a contract between you and the renovation builder that shows who is responsible for all matters of the renovation such as flooring, paint colour, time schedule, when payments are due, a signed and dated change order sheet.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions but please do not tell the professionals how to do their job. If you believe that they are not competent then fire them and replace them with better tradespeople. This is your house so do some research on the products that you want to use.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of the stages that the renovation must go through to get from the beginning of the demo to the finished product.
- When you have a tile floor laid, you cannot walk on it for 24 hours minimum, so don’t ask to move furniture the next day.
- Be an active member of the team of workers that are in your home, but respect their opinions. Keep in mind that you hired them to do this work that you could not do yourself. People don’t walk into the kitchen of a restaurant and tell the chef what to do.
- There are the possibilities of hidden damage and/or changes along the way. Most renovations end up having hidden problems in the walls and floor that weren’t visible until after the renovation has started.
We hope this has given you some food for thought when looking for renovation builders Brisbane. To find out what Expand Renovate has to offer, send us a message through the website, give us a call or get in touch through our Facebook page.