Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas
Small bathroom renovation can be a pain. Yep, we said it. When you don’t have a lot of space to work with but require the essentials a bathroom has, it can be tricky. Creativity is key in this case.
Today’s post is some small bathroom renovation ideas to give some inspiration on what is possible for your small space.
Some ideas of what might be possible include:
- Use large tiles on the floor to make the room appear larger. This also has the opportunity to save you money as one tile covers more floor space.
- Install a pedestal/freestanding sink with a small cabinet underneath
- Purchase a decent sized vanity and cut a hole in the wall and recess mount it. This is dependant on that is behind the wall. Better to check before going all out.
- Have small floating shelves above the toilet or just under the wall where the ceiling starts for extra storage space.
- Use a light colour of paint on the walls to give an airy, spacious feel. Dark bathroom walls, even in large bathrooms, can look more cramped than they are.
- Install an overhead light over the sink as well as the existing main lighting
- Install a deep bathtub. What it lacks in length you make up in depth.
- Get rid of the bathtub and install a square shower.
- Mount a towel bar on the shower door keeps towels handy when space is at a minimum.
- Build vertical shelves, they draw the eye upward and create the illusion of more space.
- Use a large mirror – it creates an optical illusion of more space in a smaller bathroom.
We hope this has given you some ideas on where to go with a small bathroom renovation. If you ever require help, Expand Renovate are the go-to professionals for home renovations Brisbane-wide. Get in contact with us and we can assess, plan and then build your dream bathroom.